The World Congress will bring together people and organisations from all over the world to learn from and inspire each other. Together we will lead the way in making inclusion a reality for people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
The World Congress programme will provide opportunities for families and self-advocates to build up their leadership skills and networks. Sessions and networking opportunities will be around topics such as:
- supporting and enabling self-advocacy
- support to families
- inclusive education: teacher training and inclusion resources
- employment and livelihoods: strategies for inclusion in the labour market
- housing: strategies for inclusion in the community
- access to justice and prevention of violence against people with disabilities
- closing institutions and providing care in the community
- supported decision-making.
A full programme will be announced nearer the event, including speakers and workshops – stay tuned!
Who is the event for?
Anyone who has an interest in inclusion or works for an inclusive organisation is welcome, including:
- Inclusion International members
- partner organisations, NGOs and funders
- people with intellectual disabilities and their families
- anyone interested in inclusion
For further informationhttp://inclusion-international.org/worldcongress2018/ (External link)